I received a phone call today from a woman with drug court. On Monday November 15th Aaron will "officially" begin his trip down recovery road. I am to pick him up at the jail at 8:30am and he has to be at the rehab center by 10:00am. Plenty of time.
According to their requirements, he is required to have an AA book or $7 to buy one. He is also required to have $25 for spending money. I guess I should have asked her what would happen if I choose not to give him these things.
I am so excited right now. I've had to hold back the tears. I just want to bawl like a baby. Happy tears of course.
Aaron will be in my prayers as he begins this part of his journey. I wish him and you, the very best.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Maybe you can start to exhale a little.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter went through Drug Court. Will rehab be in a location near you?
Good...get him the AA book, also get him the NA books to take. They are very different. I think it would mean more to him if you gave them to him. I personally related to the NA book more.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck! It is a start. I wish my son would get picked up and ordered to rehab. It is so sad to think that if that happened it would make me one happy Mom. The longer stay the better!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your journey...it is a long hall. You are in my prayers. I want normal back too.
ReplyDelete