Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Motivation?

I"m not seeing it! When Aaron came home he seemed very motivated the two days he stayed with us. He was ready to get a job, put in several apps. Visited the employment office. He called to get his license reinstated. He has now settled into the recovery house and I believe he has settled in a little to well. He has mentioned several times that he is going to get a referral from the employment office so he can go to Tyson and hopefully get a job there. He hasn't done it yet, keeps coming up with an excuse, such as, they stop giving out referrals at 12pm, I have an appointment this morning so I can't go, yada yada. He is at most, four blocks from the employment office. I had some mail for Aaron about getting his license reinstated so I sent him a text around 9 this morning, by 10 he hadn't replied so I called him since I was getting ready to leave work and didn't want to have to make another trip into town to give it to him, I woke him up, WHAT THE HELL????? He said he didn't need the mail that it was probably about the class he needs to go to which is tonight. I said OK I'll toss it then. He called at 11 wanting some info from that letter, which I left at work because HE DIDN'T NEED IT!!! Now I think I have been doing pretty good handling things, or should I say not handling his things, but he is really starting to piss me off. I'm seeing the priorities fly out the window.  Time to open "codependent no more" again.

P.S. The burglaries that happened in the town Aaron had been in.... it wasn't him, but at the same time... I am going to Las Vegas next week and I have this awful feeling that I need to change the entry codes to my house before I go.

5 comments:

  1. None of this sounds good. Better be safe than sorry and secure your home and your valuables while you are out of town. Maybe even have someone like a neigbor look after it.
    Please do read that book again, because you have to take care of yourself and your own recovery. You can't control what your son does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change them...you will feel more comfortable on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always changed ours after we learned our lesson the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to all above. Change the codes.

    ReplyDelete