Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still moving forward

Aaron has started working and loves the job. His posting on facebook was "Gibbs is cake! Gibbs does die casting and Aaron is cleaning presses. I had the pleasure of doing his work laundry yesterday and the grease is awful. It's a good thing we are going to a laundromat at the moment, I told Aaron his work clothes were not allowed in my washer after seeing them. He truly seems to like the job and will be getting plenty of overtime also. Aaron is working 3rd shift, which I think suits him very well. Back in the days even before using he was always up late and slept most of the day, getting him up for school was always hell. Maybe he was meant for 3rd shift work. Working 3rds also allows him to keep all of his appointments with drug court, his one on one meetings, group meetings, AA or NA, and make his required morning drops. He told me yesterday he slept until 4 and had to be at one on one shortly after waking up. The counsler thought Aarons pupils were dilated and made him test. HE PASSED!! I'm really trying to loosen up the feelings of waiting for relapse, but feel like I can't let my guard down yet. It's still very early in the game of Aaron versus the "friends". Still I have come a long way, but more importantly Aaron has traveled even farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment