I received this Tuesday
Mom, 5-1-11, I think
I've just now got a envelope so I could write you and tell you some things.
First I wanted to tell you sorry for the way I talked on the phone. I was just mad and frustrated because I'm really not supposed to be in here and I know y'all are going to continue to think I'm lying but for once I really am telling the truth. I had to fail the test because of the alcohol in NyQuil and the only reason I say alcohol is Because Jaimie kept asking me what me and Brad did and he failed the same drug test for alcohol, but I told the judge that and then she told me I'm not supposed to have NyQuil and to do 30 days.
I really was trying to do all the right things too. I just got a sponsor and we were going to start working the twelve steps (I still think you can stay clean without them, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anything.) I don't expect everyone to believe me about the drug test but as long as I'm true to myself I'll be alright.
I'm probably going to get kicked out of Bill's too. So I wanted to ask you if I can talk Jaimie into it I'd like to be able to stay at home. I know things will be tough with all the things I have to do and with gas being so high but I'll give you gas money whenever I start working again. The only other place they'll send me to is the Harbor House and someone told me they would smoke crack in their room and I'm not really trying to be around a bunch of crackheads, and I also have a lot of making up to y'all and if I'm never around y'all then that will never happen. I would really like to be able to stay at home because for almost the past year I've only stayed at home for two nights and I really would be better off being around people that actually love me and are really there to help me. If you can allow that then it would be great but if not that's OK too.
Well I really am getting tired of this jail it's really became over populated and people are starting to get crazy because of it. I've been in the hole for the past week over some stupid stuff I'll explain to you whenever I get out.
Do you remember the guy that used to have the castle looking house on Water St. the city bought it his name is D.F.? Well he's about a retarded mother fucker. They put me in a 8x10 with the retard finally I had to tell the guard that I was going to beat him if they didn't move me by myself. He took a shit and didn't wipe his ass and had the cell stinking so bad. I think Captain Vaught put me there because I wouldn't tell on anyone in the dorm. I'm guessing they're going to keep me back here until I get out which is OK by me because I don't like listening to every ones bullshit lies and stories and it seems like time goes by quicker. I've definitely seen my share of retards since I've been in segregation. But the jail isn't the place for me I'm sick of this place and hate it with a passion and I'm going to go the extra mile to keep from coming back for any reason.
But anyways it's about breakfast time and I'm hungry as hell but I hope to hear back from you to let me know what's going on.
Love you
Aaron
tell everyone I love them. Except for Shane tell him he's gay. Well I guess Shane too.
My gut reaction .... Don't do it. Don't let him live at home. There are options; there are always options, but home isn't one of them.
ReplyDeleteYou will drive each other crazy. His recovery belongs to him and it shouldn't take place in your home. He will upset whatever serenity you've been able to find.
Allow him the right to work out his own recovery. But not under your roof. Recovery is a long and hard road. And he has to walk it alone. Sure you can be supportive, but from a safe distance.
Let him know you love him and that you have confidence that if he wants sobriety so much, he'll find it.
God Bless
Ditto YaYa.
ReplyDeleteThere are other clean living houses. He doesn't have to be close to you, look at other cities. Our son's first CLE was an Oxford House in Topeka, KS 70 miles away. He did fine as long as he was in the CLE, we let him move back home and was using within 2 weeks.
where is the Harbor House he is referring to ? I don't know if they're at multiple locations or not. The one that was named that my son went to in Florida did have people in there using, and was a place that was set up to take people straight from the Florida prison system. (we found that out at the very last minute before he went there) Anyway, my son got out of there in less than 2 weeks because people were using in there. He's now in another sober living house about 30 min.s away from there, and staying clean.
ReplyDelete