Coming home from an overnight trip with my daughter and friends, we are just a couple of miles from home, when I notice the all to familiar signs of a wreck. There are differences in the signs between a wreck and an extremely bad wreck. In both you have the signs of the cars fluids leaking on the pavement. You might be able to see some twinkles from the sun hitting broken glass that was missed in the cleanup. If a vehicle left the road you will see the tire marks in the grass. The difference that can be noted between the two is bright orange spray paint. There was bright orange paint on the pavement. When I got home I mentioned it to my husband and he said he hadn't noticed it, but that is pretty much par for the course with him though, I don't know why. After getting everything out of the car and put away I grab my laptop and begin reading the news online. I come across an article about the wreck. A 20 year old is sitting behind bars for DUI and reckless homicide. They have not released the details yet other than two cars were involved and the person in the other car is dead. I am assuming by what I saw that it was head-on. Looking at this kids facebook, his life revolves around drinking. Pictures of empty bottles, trash can full of empty beer boxes, posts about going to Fast Eddies. The last post he made was just after the wreck from his phone, it was "don't drink and drive, period.
Here are some other posts:
Is it live and learn or do it cuz you were told not to?
Posetion parafanelia posetion of stolen property witch was a street sign and a DUI. Haha got 7 days in jail
The freedom of a drivers license is taken for granted. Take it from a guy that doesn't have one to tell you don't do anything that can get it taken away. It makes havin fun sooo much harder. Just stop and think how many times you get in your car or truck to go somewhere ain't gonna happen if you can't drive. So stop the stupid shit and learn from a stupid guy.it aint worth the trouble. Tip of the day.
Alcohol/drugs - addiction - it is the greatest threat in America.
ReplyDeletethis is terrible....just so awfully sad,...and he's not much of a speller either.
ReplyDeleteTwo DUIs is almost ALWAYS a sign of a problem, only the person with the DUI hardly sees this. One DUI happens to alot of people, but those who don't learn from their first one, or just cannot quit drinking...well, there is a problem. I work with a kid who just got his 3rd, and he refuses to see that he has a drinking problem! Yet, at a coworker's wedding, he is wasted before the sun went down...
ReplyDeleteI just hope he doesn't kill someone next...your life changed in an instant.
Another coworker of mine lost her arm in a boating accident last month, and she was so drunk, she doesn't even remember it. She would probably still have her arm if she had not had those drinks... One bad decision, and many lives can be changed in an instant. It is really sad...