Thursday, August 11, 2011

So I'm a little late!

We had a very good visit with Aaron. I got my hug, more than one actually. Aaron held on tight too. It felt so good. He seems to be getting it into his head that he is riding a fine line between county jail and prison. He brought it up several times. He doesn't want to mess up his class right now. If his class is changed he will go to prison. I'm not sure what this is doing for his addiction though. Time will certainly tell. He started a job at the jail the Monday after our visit. He didn't know at the time what he would be doing but he was hoping to be on the mowing crew. Seems very fitting for someone who owned their own landscaping business at the age of 18. Just one of the many things he lost.

So fast forward to today. My husband asked me to call and make an appointment to see Aaron. He (hubby) is having surgery on Monday and wants to see him before, just in case. So I hadn't quite gotten around to making the appointment this afternoon when Aaron calls me. A free call by the way. He did make the mowing crew but they kept them inside today because they found something in one of the work vans. Weed. Imagine that. Of course nobody claims it so all are punished. All are being threatened with having their class upgraded, which would mean prison for Aaron. Of course I asked him if it was his and he said no. Who knows? Aaron was able to talk to his brother and sister today also. They are in the loop of what was found in the van. We had our own conversation after hanging up with Aaron. Between the 3 off us putting all of our pieces of information together came up with..... the weed had been in the van for 2 weeks. So we have determined that these inmates have just been kicking it around the van for 2 weeks without anybody touching it. Now coming to this conclusion was actually very funny at the time with my oldest acting like one of the inmates on the van kicking weed around, and you know, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has been smoking some pot.

I almost forgot (don't know how I could forget) Aaron is filing for shock probation this week. Please continue to hope and pray it is turned down.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you got your hug. I want one from my son too. I am not sure what kind of program Aaron is in but I am assuming it is in jail. My son was lucky today and is being transferred from jail to another area in the Jail but it is reserved for addicts.

    What is shock probation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been sooo long since we have received a "hug" from our son. I am very pleased you got one!

    For my son, going in and out of jail has become part of his culture. He accepts it and no big deal. How sad.

    Yes, continued prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori,
    Aaron is in jail with no program. The most they offer is a 12 step meeting. I don't know if Aaron is taking advantage of them or not. Shock probation is really nothing more than early release usually with conditions.

    ReplyDelete