Once again the phrase " I can see why some wild animals eat their young". My boys make me think of that phrase quite often. I understand (to the best of my knowledge at this very moment) Aaron's problem. What I don't understand is how my oldest son (almost 27) doesn't have very many responsible bones in his body. Over a year ago he was involved in a car wreck. Nobody was hurt but it was his fault. He was issued a traffic ticket for failure to yield. The ticket was not payable for whatever reason so he had to go to court. He did make his court date and was giving his fine plus court cost. When the judge issues your fines he gives you so much time to pay them, usually 3 to 6 months, if they are not paid by that date he sets you must appear in court on that date to show cause as to why it wasn't paid and an extension is usually granted. He failed to pay the ticket plus failed to show up for the show cause hearing. A warrant was issued. He was very aware of this so he made attempts to take care of it by giving me money to hold for him so he could turn himself in and and bond right back out. The bond would have taken care of his fines and it would have been done. He called many times to see if the warrant had been issued but was told for months that there was no warrant. He eventually took back all of the money I was holding for him. Fast forward to Saturday morning at 5am when he is arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. He spent four days in jail before somebody bailed him out. That someone wasn't me. He had called me twice asking me to get him out. I flat out refused and told him he had many opportunities to take care of this problem and not spend more than a few hours in a holding cell. You made your choice. His reply to me during the second call was "I wish this had happened before you read your codependent books". UGH!!! Sorry son, that isn't going to work either.
I was informed on Sunday during our visit with Aaron that he has every intention of getting himself moved to another jail by April.
Why didn't I eat them????
"I can see why some wild animals eat their young", I've heard that one before. People look at me strange and even had one person try to put me down when I used my line. "Abortion should be legal UP TO the age of age 18."
ReplyDeleteI get it completely.
Because when they're young, they're too cute to eat. That's how God gets us to fall in love with them and is the only reason we don't run them over when they grow up.
ReplyDelete