Thursday, February 23, 2012

A little renewed hope and a mothers struggle with suicide.

Aaron is still in jail. He still continues to work at/with the jail for $0.63 per day. Of the $0.63 per day he makes the county takes half and puts it towards the jail fees he incurred before becoming a state inmate. We continue to visit Aaron every Sunday.

The renewed hope part!
A new drug and alcohol program has started at the jail. I do not know yet what it consist of. Aaron enrolled in the program!!!!




The suicide.
I have debated long and hard about posting this but here goes.
In my post titled "I don't want to have this conversation again" I brought up Aaron's "friend" who had hung himself. A few weeks ago his mother shared her story in our local paper. My heart has absolutely broke for this woman. I won't go into the details of his suicide but I am going to supply the link to the article with the forewarning that it is very graphic about his death.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/feb/04/family-offers-heart-wrenching-look-at-suicide/

5 comments:

  1. Its a great sign that Aaron chose the program! Definitely a reason for renewed hope. I am going to read the article now...my heart is already breaking for this mom who's living with the nightmare many of us hope to never experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Barbara it left me speechless too. I have had so many emotions over this, from being completely pissed off at him to crying for him. I just can't imagine having to deal with what she now has to question every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added the reason I posted the article. The debate about posting it came from the fact that some of our (blogging community) children haven't been in the best places lately which made me not want to post it. The side of the debate that won was the fact that there are some addicts that read my blog. I do not know if any of them or anyone for that matter have had the thought of suicide but I wanted them to see the perspective of those left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was difficult to read. No words can describe the sadness, the despair.

    I was recently asked to be on a Suicide Prevention Task Force in my city. We have lost a total of 5 individuals to suicide in 2012 and 3 were teens, a 14 and two 17 yr. olds. All three used a gun to the head. In addition, we have had 36 attempts! This is serious tuff and we want to find ways to reach out to those in pain like Brandon.

    If you have any ideas please email me at vjforrecovery@aol.com

    In prayer for all our children and their families.

    ReplyDelete