Friday, February 3, 2012

My replies (VJ) (Barbara)

So I am not good at getting back to my blog and replying to comments. I can't blame it on a hectic, busy life. I actually have plenty of time to reply to comments but for some reason I balk at replying. I balk most of the time when it comes to leaving comments on other blogs. I have even gone as far as to type a comment to post on a blog only to delete it instead. I have no clue why I do this.

VJ, our conversations are very "normal", or should I say our "normal" for now. After hugs and getting drinks and snacks from the machines we settle in for our 45 minutes of family time. Our conversations are just like a family who might be sitting around the dinner table. One difference would be, we ask how was your week versus how was your day. What have you been up to is always Aaron's question. There are no subjects off limits. Although we have not gone in depth talking about his addiction it has been talked about from time to time. At this stage of the game it seems pointless to continue to rehash that conversation, but at anytime he wants to talk about it that is fine. My "plan" is to not worry about it right now but instead to wait until he has a release date then basically let him know what the rules will be and follow through with them. We have at the very least 10 more months before he will be released. As hard as it is to visit my child in jail I have decided this time that I will just enjoy being able to spend time with him while he is clean. You never know what tomorrow might bring, and honestly, I don't expect him to be clean for very long after he is released.

Barbara, I can completely understand the envious feeling. I have been there done that. Peaceful is right. In jail they are safe, they have a roof over their head, food in their bellies, and clothes on their backs and hopefully no drugs. Of course I say hopefully because Aaron was caught huffing paint in April. Now he wasn't in the main jail but was being kept in the community service center because he was only supposed to be there for a short time as punishment for a positive drug test from drug court. I would hope he learned his lesson since his 30 day stay has now been 10 months so far. He was kicked out of drug court during that 30 day stay and must serve his time.
I hope you didn't take offense to my question of the tattoos being part of codependency.  It definitely wasn't meant to offend anyone. I was already wondering this before I read about anybody else wanting to get a tattoo also. I love my tattoos!! I got my first one 20 years ago this one made number 7. If I had the money there is no telling how many I would have. Mine are all in places that are easy enough to cover up when needed, but also can be publicly shown lol.


Since I never (hardly ever) comment on blogs I want everybody to know that I think about everyone of you each and every day. I pray for you and send you hugs. I cry with you and laugh with you. So just remember I am here I'm just in the background.

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading your post about him huffing paint. I often wonder if B is doing the same thing since it wouldn't test in his drug testing.

    I am going to have to read some of your older posts. B is in Drug Court and I wonder what will happen if he tests dirty. I was told the first time nothing would happen but the 2nd time he would go back to jail but I don't know how long. I think only a month or two.

    So now I am curious to what he did to get kicked out and so much time in Jail.

    I did sleep better when B was in jail but I still had so many bad thoughts as to what was happening to him in there too. It is sad that it gets so bad that we pray the end up in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got to this blog post....I am so NOT offended :) I've been thinking about you and wish we could go out and get another tattoo together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your posts.

    My son will be leased from "protective custody" this Friday around 2:00 am and from our conversations I cannot hold out too much hope he will chose recovery.

    In prayer for all our children

    ReplyDelete