Ok enough of how things work lol! Aaron is doing great!! I kept him busy for several weeks. He painted the inside of the store and replaced the drop ceiling tiles. He has painted 3 rooms at home plus wood work and cabinets. He has been busting his ass looking for a job. Jobs are out there if you look for them. Even for felons. If someone tells you they can't find a job it's one of two reasons. They aren't looking very hard or they are not willing to take just any job until something better comes along. Aaron has had to turn down two jobs last week because he is not allowed to leave the state of Kentucky. We live 20 minutes from the state of Indiana. The two jobs required travel into Indiana. Probation dept said to bad, you can't go. He had an interview yesterday with the city gas dept. Four applied, two are being considered. Aaron is one of the two. Aaron has somebody pulling for him for this job. That person is the woman that Aaron stole from. Imagine that!!
Aaron is eating us out of house and home. Anybody willing to donate to the food budget? LOL! He has taken over most of the care of Maizy. He's still not willing to get up and take her out and feed her at 5 AM. I'm OK with that most of the time since I have other animals to take care of at that time anyway. About three weeks ago he had given Maizy a bath and she was running and jumping all over the house. At some point she jumped onto the couch and over my little 4 lb dog, Spirit, catching her on the head with her foot. It caused a head injury that we weren't sure she would live through. She is 11 years old but still in good health which worked to her advantage. She has been recovering nicely. 3 weeks ago she couldn't walk, today most people wouldn't notice what is wrong with her.
![]() |
| Maizy and Spirit on guard duty |
I am doing good in the enabling/codependent dept. I did help Aaron get a prepay cell phone. He worked hard for it! He is now responsible for his check-in phone calls. Potential employers can get a hold of him. I have let him use my car twice. Once for a job interview and the other time to go to the college to get help with filling out his college app and filing for financial aid. It has been easier than I thought to trust him. On occasion mistrust rears it's ugly head but has been completely unjustified.
Today we are good!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment