Thursday, October 31, 2013
On the path!!
Five days ago it ended. Parole is over. He is no longer supervised. Other than the label (convicted felon) and a few rules that follow the label, Aaron is a free man!! I assume he is also drug free. I try to keep it out of my business. I do know he is doing well! He still lives with us. He still has a job. He still has a vehicle. He still has a girlfriend. This last weekend he went on a Cursillo retreat. Don't ask me to explain exactly what that is because I have no clue and didn't ask. I know it had to do with church. I know that we wrote letters to Aaron for him to receive while there. He didn't know about the letters! When he came home Sunday evening he thanked me for our letter and said there was only one way to describe the weekend.... life changing. Aaron also received a job offer. In my un-nosiness I haven't asked what company he would be working for. I do know it's coalmine related. It requires him to take an underground coalmine class. This class started on Monday evening and Aaron managed to get into the class. Monday morning I had surgery to hopefully restore my hearing, afterwards when I was being wheeled down the hallway to leave, Aaron is telling me about getting into the class and grinning from ear to ear. Seeing him this happy is amazing. It's more exciting than being able to hear again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do know your feeling. Be happy, enjoy the day. Huge step forward and we are all happy for both of you.
ReplyDeleteSuch progress, this is so wonderful to read! What really struck me is that Aaron was there when you had surgery. To me, that speaks volumes about where he's at, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteThinking of you both and wishing you a quick recovery.
I love hearing these updates - it keeps me having faith as I know my son is capable of so much should he choose. I hope your surgery was a success and I bet it was nice having him there with you.
ReplyDelete