Thursday, March 13, 2014

Seriously? Did you not hear me?

I'm not sure what has been going on lately with me, but I find myself being irritated easily. It could be the full moon coming up. It could be I'm becoming less tolerant of stupid. Whatever it is I think I have handled myself quite well considering how much stupid I have dealt with this week. I won't bore you with all the stupid. Just one piece of stupid. 
Wednesday at work (I manage a tobacco store) I received a phone call, the following is the conversation I had... 

me: Joe Schmoo tobacco mart (ok I made up the Joe Schmoo part, tobacco mart is true)

caller: I'm needing to speak to the person in charge of advertising.

me: That would be me.

caller: Hi, I'm so and so from (kinda garbled not sure I heard right) and we are getting ready to put out our new magazine and we're looking for advertisers. (did she really say what I think she said)

me: I'm sorry, who did you say you were with?

caller: The Kentucky DARE association (I heard right)

me: Oh OK. Uhm, who exactly receives this magazine? The parents or the school children?

caller: The children

me: So do you think it's appropriate for a tobacco store to advertise in a magazine that will be passed out to school children?

caller: Well ma'am you don't have to if you don't want to.

me: I don't believe this has anything to do with wanting to or not. Do you think you should be calling tobacco stores asking them to advertise in a magazine that will be passed out to school children?

caller: We are calling everybody.

me: I think you might want to rethink calling everybody!

The caller then abruptly says thank you, have a nice day and hangs up before I can continue!

I"m still not sure what part of "tobacco store" she did not understand?!?!

I wonder how far I could have gotten trying to advertise a coupon for $2 off a carton of cigarettes? 






2 comments:

  1. Yea that was stupid. How about do a little research before you make those calls. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats pretty unbelievable, specially with all the big commotion going on with trying to get people to quit. Yes lets go advertise to children so they start smoking just so we can make money off the advertising. I'm glad you said something cause that just aint right.

    ReplyDelete