Friday, October 22, 2010

Have to love the ? system?

I don't know if the ? should be court system or jail system or both. Aaron was hit with another failure to appear. This one is from a summons he received just days after he went to jail in regards to a credit card he had with a local gas station. He used it but failed to pay the bill. Aaron told me today that when the sheriff brought him the summons he asked the sheriff  how he would get to the courthouse. The sheriff informed him that the jail knows you have a court date, they will get you there. Surprise!!! Who dropped the ball this time?
Aaron actually called to let me know that he was moved stateside. Visiting days have now changed, which is good since my husband hasn't gotten to visit Aaron since he went to jail. He asked if I could wash his clothes so they would be ready when he gets the call about an open bed. He also told me about some of the other guys that have gotten into drug court and how they were given an hour to make it to a treatment facility that was 45 minutes away. Wondering if I should pack a bag and keep it in my car? Hopefully this is where Aaron will go. It is the one requested but is not guaranteed. He could end up at one on the other side of the state. Not that it would necessarily be a bad thing if he went that far, I would rather not have to drive that far.

2 comments:

  1. When the court date comes up, Aaron should let the guard know the night before...and tell him to let someone know if they do not come and get him. Unfortunately, this is required with a messed up system. But, if he keeps up with his courtdates and takes the inititive to let them know he needs to be there...it only looks better for him. I would go ahead and pack the bag, but if you cannot get it to him right away you could always take it later. He has survived with what he has already, another couple of hours after in the facility won't kill him! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about Bryan's rehab was that it was 400 miles away. Not so far that I couldn't get there in 8 hours (in a car) but also far enough away that I had to leave him on his own. I will never never never regret that decision. Some distance might be a good thing for him...and for you. I hope that it all works out, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete