Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Remember it is a disease.

Driving home from work the other day it popped into my thoughts. I have heard it many times. It is a disease. Always remember it is a disease. You know it's a disease just like any other disease. Personally I'm getting tired of hearing those words, a disease just like any other disease. IT"S NOT JUST LIKE ANY OTHER!!! If it was like any other I could help. I could be mom the conquerer, the helper, the healer, the gopher, the ass wiper, and any other thing I wanted to be. Not with addiction. All I can do is sit back and watch my son fight his own fight without any help from me. He will either figure out how to stay sober, go to jail, or die. All I can do is watch? If it was cancer I could drive him to appointments, hold his hand, sit with him every minute of the day, feed him, give him money, coddle him like a baby if I was so inclined.
Right now for Aaron to stay in the drug court program he has to put in 10 job apps, do 6 hours of community service and attend 1 meeting per day. He has one week to find a job. His time is running fast. I sit back and watch. I can't slow down time either. It's not like any other.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, it is not a disease just like any other...... and I too get tired of hearing that.

    ReplyDelete