Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For every action there is a reaction

Today I feel pretty good. I got a lot of work accomplished at work today. I have been letting a lot of things slide at work because of Aaron. I have once again been able to let go and be at peace with Aaron being in jail. This was not the case at all on Sunday. I cried Sunday morning when my husband asked me what was wrong. I had periods all day where I struggled not to cry. I wanted ALL of my children with me. I guess it didn't help any that the first holiday Aaron can't be here due to his addiction just happened to be Mothers day.
Mothers day ended with me being very pissed off. I received a phone call at 10:50 pm. It was a "friend" of Aaron's named Seth. He is also an addict in the drug court program that has been back in jail several times also. He called to tell me he wanted to get Aaron something from commissary, the "meal deal", and he could go half. Since he woke me up which in turn pissed me off about all I could manage to tell him was to keep his money. He tried to lay a guilt trip by saying " I told Aaron I would do this because I know what it is like to be hungry in jail and I'm a man of my word". I told him there wasn't anything he could do for Aaron so keep your money. What pisses me off even more is, Aaron had to put him up to this, he called my cell phone. The only way he could have gotten the number was from Aaron. What I don't understand about all of this is what is the true reason. Aaron knew that I was getting his paycheck and putting on the books for him. He would be able to buy his own commissary. I have a feeling Aaron may have snowballed Seth or Seth owed Aaron money. Either way I wasn't playing the game. I had every intention of calling Seth back and talking to him but he is already back in jail himself. I do however think they both need a lesson in actions and reactions. I have the money from Aaron's paycheck. However I have not put it on the books yet. I was going to do this Monday but after receiving the phone call the reaction is..... I'll do it when I'm damn good and ready and not before.

3 comments:

  1. There isn't much to say. I had the same Mothers Day and it sucked. Typical of a "friend" to call and say something like that. There is just no easy way to deal with it. I have good days and I have bad.

    My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, the whole Seth calling you thing seems fishy. When I finally went to jail, everyone refused to bond me out. The charge was felony assault on an officer, and I was so drunk...I am not even sure what happened. I only recall bits and pieces. So, there I sat. I told my mom I had accepted just sitting in there and riding it out, but I just needed a few things. I had her put a pretty hefty sum of money on my commissary. Then, I took the credit I had in jail because I was arrested with an un-cashed paycheck in my pocket and also a little cash, and I was able to bond myself out. (I have a bail bondsman friend, so that helped with the cosigning issue.) I just think the call from Seth sounds fishy. Why would you care if he is a man of his word??? If he is a man of his word, then why is he calling you to ask for half of the money to keep his word??? It is a scam, or some sort of BS, for sure. In jail, you have a lot of time to sit around and think up all these scenarios and what ifs...and it is a total waste of time. But with little to no connection to the outside world, you think these schemes might work. But from the sober vantage point of the hard working world I know today...the whole call seems ludicrous. And, if I were you...I would also wait to put that paycheck in, and when you do...I would not put too much in at once. Even if you have to put a little each week...he obviously is still trying to get more money for SOMETHING, even if it is just some Rama Noodles. And I think your reaction is right on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it was fishy. Thank you for agreeing with my reaction. At times At times I thought it seemed a little childish of me and told my husband what I was doing followed by "I am not going to play their game, from now on I will play my game". Which we all know is not really a game but I think everybody understands that statement too. I had also told Seth that I felt the only reason he was trying to do this was so Aaron would have something to trade in jail. I sent Aaron a letter asking him what was up with that. Of course if there was something really "up" I will never know the truth.

    @ Tori, although your comment isn't here now, I guess because of the maintenance issue, I wanted you to know that I did see it and still have it in my email. Thank you!! Know that you and yours are in my prayers also.

    ReplyDelete