I have gotten more details about the SAP (substance abuse program) from Aaron today. He has applied for it. His parole is upon completion of the program. If he is accepted but does not like the terms he can refuse it and continue doing his time. If he is accepted and goes with the program he will be transferred to a different facility. Our county jail is not in the program. I can handle him being moved if it means he is doing the program that will help him out further in his recovery. Yes I still understand that it isn't a guarantee, but I do believe with each rehab attempt recovery odds rise. Aaron has attempted recovery twice, once on his own and again with help. Maybe the third time will be the charm. One can only HOPE!!
A link for more info on Kentucky SAP http://corrections.ky.gov/reentry/Documents/SAP/SAPPub102011.pdf
Sure sounds like a better choice than doing time without working on any recovery. I hope he chooses the SAP program. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeletemy comment got eaten by the nasty computer I have to use at work. (im allowed to be doing this from work!)
ReplyDeleteAnyhow I was saying that I am hoping along with you. Keep up your good attitude.
Yes, I agree that with each treatment the potential for long term success increases.
ReplyDeleteAny program with a recovery component is always best, in my opinion.
Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.