Saturday, October 1, 2011

Peace still equals not blogging so much.

With Aaron in jail the peacefulness is still among us. Life's ordinary every day stresses are all we are dealing with. We are still visiting Aaron every Sunday and it has been wonderful spending time with him.
An update to the previous post on telling Aaron his "friend" was gone. I went to see him that Friday, the day his obituary was in the paper. As we were getting drinks from the machine in the visiting room he asked what I was up to. I told him that I didn't know if he had seen the paper today and if so I thought he might need somebody to talk to. He said he did see it, about an hour before I got there, he asked if it was an overdose. I told him what I knew and he was surprised. Not surprised that he was dead, surprised by how he died.

In other household news, my oldest son moved out about 3 weeks ago. Today my daughter and her sister will be signing a lease or an apartment they will be sharing. I am so happy for them, but to be selfish I am more happy for me. I have been eagerly awaiting an empty nest. Don't get me wrong I love my kids dearly but there comes a time in our lives where some moving on needs to happen, after all they are 25 and 26. I cut the apron strings a long time ago and now finally so have they.

Which of course brings me back again to Aaron. He will find out this month if he makes parole and will be released in December. If he is released he will come home. I know, I know, it's not what should be allowed, but like Tori, something feels right. Of course there will be the rules/contract. Boundaries will be set for all and we will proceed on with life. Aaron's proceeding will be completely up to him, but he will have to proceed forward to stay here.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out for Aaron. It has only been 15 days but so far having him home has been such a blessing. I haven't yet really talked to him about rules (yea I know that was stupid). He came home a little too late for my taste last night but I have a few friends that have kids the same age (not addicts) and they too come home at 2:00 am so I let it go. It is hard because I can't treat him like a "normal" 20 y.o. yet I want to when he is doing everything he is supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been hard for Aaron to hear about his friend. I understand the decision to let him come home - its your personal family decision and whatever feels right is the best choice. There are never guarantees that things will work out, but you have to try to see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete