We are adding a new act to the play called "Our Lives"
Act 1445, scene 327. Enter Maizy, stage right,
Leaping in the air at the ball the dad is holding, Maizy gets sidetracked by the roasted chicken adorning the table in the kitchen just minutes away from the family sitting down to eat their supper. Maizy springs onto the table, grabs the chicken and darts under the table. Chaos ensues! (end scene).
OK, so a playwright I am not. No the above scene has not happened at my house, yet!
More on Maizy There is a picture of Aaron and Maizy in this article but they have misnamed Aaron.
I have mentioned the program at the county jail with inmates training dogs. Aaron has been training Maizy for the past 10 weeks. Early on during one of our visits I had asked Aaron if he would be interested in owning Maizy when she came up for adoption. He replied no and stated several reasons. Again this past visit on Sunday I asked. He again said no and stated several reasons why. I said that is fine I just wanted to make sure because I didn't know what kind of bond they may have made and if he wanted her we would see what we could do. We left it at that AND THEN, Aaron is interviewed by the local news station about the program and the adopt-a-thon that takes place today.
Watch for yourself and you will see why I am confused by this man (boy)!
Inmates help rescue dogs find homes
My husband and I were just talking about how we wish there was a better long-term program for addicts that included dogs that have been basically thrown away that would benefit everyone.
ReplyDeleteI wonder why he is telling you not to adopt the dog yet says on the video he thinks you are going to? mmmmm........ I hope you went and got the dog! :)