I am currently standing on the ground looking down a 100' well while Aaron stands at the bottom of it.
He quit his job with the coal mine contractor due to not working steady. Went back to landscaping. Has now quit landscaping and has gone to a company that has him back in the mines working steady. He has passed several drug tests. Even the random one they threw at him. All sounds great doesn't it? The calls keep coming from bill collectors. They were even coming to my house looking for him. They seemed to have trouble understanding the words, he doesn't live here, until I finally got shitty with them. All of his mail still comes to our house. He needs to change that. This morning, my husband brings me a piece of mail addressed to Aaron. It's from a pawn shop. He said he didn't know if I wanted to look at it or not. I didn't want to. I said I would think about it. So of course I opened it. Yes, I know that I shouldn't have but I had to see if it was something of ours that we haven't missed yet. He has pawned a rifle. I don't know who it belongs to but I know it's not ours and I know it's not Aarons. I can only believe that it is stolen. Aaron is a convicted felon. He cannot be in possession of a firearm. Even tho it is technically at a pawn shop he can still go to jail for possession of it.
I have been working really hard with the phrase "not my circus, not my monkeys". I say it often. Trying my best to stay out of it. It's extremely difficult to stay out of it when the monkey is my son.
Tip for the bill collectors. We got all the calls too. I told them he did not live here and if the calls continued I would report them to the state attorney general and file harassment charges. The calls stopped immediately.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news about passing those drug tests. In my "humble" opinion, even if my son was drug free he is still going to have issues paying his bills on time - If you go back to when they started using what age was he?
ReplyDeleteWhen my son turned 18 the bank where I bank gave him a credit card - how stupid is that? He didn't even have a job and they just gave it to him a $1,500.00 limit. Well back in those early days I paid the monthly payments and then I paid it off 4 times. Stupid me but I was so concerned about his credit. The card has since been destroyed because I never paid it off the 5th time - so now that as well as a couple of other things are on his credit.
My Husband could not understand why I kept making payments and paying it off - my only explanation was that I wanted my son to have good credit. What about when he wants to get his own place? Buy a car?
My Husband told me that addicts don't need credit and when they get sober they can figure out how to clean up their mess. Oh but good credit is such an issue with me and has been for as long as I can remember. That was a hard one to let go! lol
But many kids this age mess up their credit - kids with drug problems really mess it up.
Sadly this is all part of what bites them in the butt! It will probably take him years to clean it all up cause just when he thinks he has something else will pop up.
I think that is just part of life.