I'll probably never be able to use Paul Harvey's line, "And now for the rest of the story". I don't think our story ever ends!
When I found Aaron had broke into the garage my husband was in Wyoming. I was here by myself to deal with putting my dog down and Aaron once again stealing from us alone. I chose not to call the police and I justify my choice with the excuse " I had to take my dog to the vet". Yes, I am completely aware that it was a complete cop out (no pun intended). I know what I should have done. I didn't do it. I couldn't do it. I thought I would be able to if I ever needed to but when it came right down to it, well. No sense in beating a dead horse now.
This was on a Tuesday and Saturday I sent Aaron a text asking about my husbands stuff. He was supposed to have gotten it out of pawn on Friday. He said he would bring as soon as he could. He came by a couple of hours later with seven fishing poles. I had company at the time so there wasn't any talking. A quick I love you before he left.
I didn't talk or text with Aaron again for a week when I sent him this text.
It's taken awhile but I'm finally ready to say my piece. I don't think you realize exactly what you have caused this time. You sent me texts asking about pappaw and in that conversation you find out about spirit and offered to dig the hole. When I went to get the shovel I find that you have broken into the garage. You know how the rest of our conversation went that day. As the day went on it became apparent that you only asked about pappaw to find out why I was home. Offering to dig the hole gave you an excuse to come back to the house to take some more. You had a hidden agenda during the whole conversation. It makes me feel extremely betrayed by you. Any conversations we have from this point on I will always question if you have ulterior motives. I feel that I'll never be able to tell you any plans I have for fear that you take our absence from the house as permission to steal again. You have hurt my heart before but this time you hurt my soul. You are once again heading down a dark path. It's one that we can't follow you on. As long as you are on this path we cannot and will not help you. We have stood behind you many times but right now we have to step back and let you find your way back. You know its only a matter of time before Morgan knows what is going on. You are fooling yourself thinking you have a good relationship with her. Considering what you are hiding from her right now. You are trying to build a relationship on your dishonesty. We also know you are not having money problems because you're paying your bills. Between the phone calls and knocks on our door from the people you owe, we know your not paying the bills. I hope you find your way back soon. And as always I love you.
This was Aaron's reply
I don't even really know what to say. But a lot of stuff your thinking is wrong. I'm sorry. Hopefully one day things will be back to normal. I called homecrafters today and I'm picking up the window tomorrow. I love you too.
I asked him to set me straight on what I was wrong on. I never received a reply.
To answer the question asked in the comments on my last post.... They steal from us because history has taught them we won't call the police. My opinion anyway!
You can only do what you can do. Your exchange with Aaron is almost identical to a reply that I would get from my son. It makes me wonder if they have a secret page where they exchange what to say when confronted?
ReplyDeleteHere's what I follow......ask no questions, get no lies......I too do not trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.
ReplyDeleteYes I know what you mean! You can't trust anything they say. My daughters lied to us ALL the time. And they stole from us a lot. Blank checks, money, things to pawn. I know what you guys mean. I'm going thru the same stuff. It's just so so painful. They just aren't the same people they used to be! Good luck to all of you !
ReplyDelete