Thursday, November 6, 2014

A little diversion for me.

We all need a distraction from our life when it comes to our addicts. I have been very distracted for the last couple of hours. My distraction still brought me here so maybe I can get this anger that the distraction has caused out of my system. My daughter has never really caused us any problems. Not even during her teenage years. I'm always hearing mothers talk about how their teenage daughters cause them so much grief. We've never had that issue. Well there was that one time when she decided to smart off and I popped her in the mouth. So once! She's 28, has worked the same full time job for many years. Actually she has worked for me all this time. She started dating this guy in May. I'm not very fond of him but she is a grown woman and she doesn't live with me so I can't say anything about it. I've let her live her life. He has 4 kids that his mother has custody of. Babies momma lost custody and he wasn't ready to step up to the plate apparently. Hell that boy will never be ready to step up. He hasn't held a job. He got another job 2 weeks ago, he's already quit. The house they are renting has a lot of problems. The landlord took out the septic tank and never replaced it. Just left a hole in the ground among other things. They only paid half of Octobers rent. Told the landlord they weren't going to give him anymore money and that they would be out in 30 days. He gave them 7 to get out. They are now moving their stuff into storage. Oh and did I mention that when they moved into this house that babies momma moved in with them? Yeah, don't even get me started on that. My daughter was the only one working. OK I got started on it. My daughter has been on her own for several years now. She'd never been late with rent. I cosigned her car loan and not once felt the need to ask her if she was making her payments. She made the final payment a few months ago. How did they get behind on rent. I don't get it!! They are now basically homeless. They don't know where they are going to stay. They haven't asked me if they can stay here and I won't offer. Today my daughter comes in for her shift at 12, around 12:30 I'm heading out the door to get somethings done and she informs me that they got married this morning. DISTRACTION!!! When the fuck did my family become so dysfunctional?

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! What the hell!!? I'm sorry. No one has a normal family - some are just better at pretending they do than others. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Didn't see that one coming. Sorry! Can't think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete