Within a few hours of my last post, worrying about Aaron, he called. It usually happens that way.
He got a 10 hour pass to come home for thanksgiving. I had all 3 kids with me for the day and it was so nice. Since my husband had to work I didn't cook the usual big dinner. We decided to try a buffet. That was a big mistake. It seems everybody else in town had the same idea.
Aaron was telling us some of the day to day operations of the place he is at. According to him the "residents" are divided into teams for kitchen duty. He said they had been having fish and chicken and some other nice meals but when it came to his teams turn they had hot dogs and mac and cheese. We had to laugh at the way Aaron told it. I know Aaron can cook a little more than that, but he loves mac and cheese.
Aaron called last night. It's always great to talk to him. I really do miss him. They had just gotten back from church. They had gone to a pentecostal church which was a new experience for him "it was different" he said.
He graduates to the next level sometime next week. As a reward he will get a 24 hour pass. He also stated that they have really opened his eyes. I hope that he keeps them open and fully sees everything that he has done and needs to do to become the man that I know he can be. He will get a 24 hour pass for Christmas also.
It is amazing how the fear subsided after talking to him and finding out in his words, "the place isn't to bad"!
No comments:
Post a Comment