Monday, December 6, 2010

I need opinions!!

While I was doing some online Christmas shopping I came across a St. Christopher medal. Seeing the medal made me look up saints out of curiosity. Yes, there is a patron saint of addiction. St Maximilian Kolbe. Of course the thought of getting Aaron a medal for Christmas popped into my head. I have played with the idea back and forth. I've really been unsure about getting him one. I think that it would make a nice gift but then I think I might be pushing the fact that he is an addict down his throat. Today I went to lunch with my husband at a favorite Chinese restaurant. At several of the local restaurants they have TV screens mounted in various places with local business advertisements flashing on the screen. This particular restaurant also has them. During lunch between chatting and eating I look up just in time to see an advertisement for a bookstore in a neighboring town. The name of the bookstore happens to be Saint Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Books and Gifts. So I say to my husband, wow, that is really weird and explain to him about the medal and what I just saw. Is it a sign that I should get him the medal? I think so, but I'm still unsure and would really like your opinions on this one.

7 comments:

  1. mmm hmmm.....I would certainly say so,....wow. i have prayed to St. Jude a lot,...and am now about to google St. Masimilian Kolbe...thanks ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get him the medal. Maybe put it on a black rope, or something he would like. It is a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. many people do not actually know about the wonderful resource we have in the Saints. Most don't understand that no one prays to a Saint. Rather, they PETITION the SAINT to go directly to Jesus and ask Him to help us. The Saint acts ON OUR BEHALF in direct intervention. It's all quite biblical, quite proper and in Scripture. The Bible clearly states that the Saints have access to God, and so, we figure, HEY!!! let's ask them to go and pray to God for us....(a little intervention never hurts.) I describe it thusly to those who don't know how it works.

    If someone wants something really important from my son, but they are afraid to ask him directly, they come to me and make me do it. That happens ALL the time in my world. Because I am the one person my son won't deny.

    So.....THAT being said, when I need something from Jesus, and maybe I am a bit ashamed, or for whatever reason, I go to HIS MOTHER, who HE cannot deny either. LOL. And I ask HER to go to HIM for me.

    And, I have seen the results, and they are quite amazing.

    I also pray to Jesus regularly, the Saint's are sort of an adjunct.

    So, yeah, go get him the medal. And buy the prayer card that goes with it so he will know the petition to St. Max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, praying to the saints, is unbiblical.. i am sorry if this rubs folks in the wrong way..

    By him a food recovery bible.. The word of God is sharper than a two edge sword. it is what got me sober..

    let the gospel do its stuff..

    in love
    Brother Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. good recovery, not food recovery.. although a good cookbook is nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen Brother Frankie...praying to saints is no where to be found in the bible. All believers are refered to as saints. And as believers we have one mediator and that is Jesus. We are told to pray in Jesus's name...not in the name of any other. God doesn't play favorites. All beleivers are saints.

    Geeze what made me go off on that rant??????

    Glad he's doing so well.

    ReplyDelete