Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A great day!!!

Aaron called Friday afternoon and asked me what I was doing on Saturday. I replied with "picking you up?"
He was able to come home from 10am until 6pm. Saturday was his grandfathers birthday and my mother had planned a little get together with cake and ice cream. While driving back to the house after picking Aaron up he asked if I had let them know he would be there for the birthday party. I told him no that I thought we would surprise them, so we came up with a plan. We went by their house with Aaron ducking down and dropped him off at the corner. His sister and I proceeded to the house and went inside. Aaron waited a couple of minutes then came to the house and started knocking. He didn't stop knocking and annoyed the hell out of my mother who was starting to cuss before she could reach the door and make whoever was there stop that damn noise. My daughter and me were nutting up of course knowing who was on the other side. Mothers reaction when she finally got the door open and seen Aaron standing there was priceless. She was so happy to see him. She told him she was ready to beat some ass for that knocking.

Aaron looks great!! He sounds great!! He made the comment that if they told him he could go home tomorrow and not come back that he is not ready. He knows HE IS NOT READY!!! It was so great to hear him say that. He is actually "getting it"!!! I don't think I could have asked for a better Christmas present.

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I've been a heroin addict for nearly fourteen years, starting at 17.

    Ive struggled for years with it, and the damage and pain you cause your family is awful, it also feeds back into the cycle of using though through the guilt!

    Interesting blog anyway, I know writing really helps me.. I've recently started blogging about it all anyway

    Sids

    Ive blogged about it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best present any parent of an addicted child could receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what makes the parent of an addict serene. I too am feeling happy that my son is in treatment and working on his own recovery. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete