Friday, April 29, 2011

Never assume.

You know the saying... assume, makes an ass out of you and me. So it didn't actually make me an ass but it caused complete useless worry (madness) on my part this time. Aaron does not have a new theft charge. He has a summons to go to court for a show cause hearing on the previous theft charges. I knew he had a court date approaching. The jail website does not say it is "just" a summons that I knew all about.  It seems so awful that my sons character now brings me to this, I do not feel bad for thinking that my son did something new. I am happy that he didn't.

So I have learned something new. From now on call somebody and find out before blowing a fuse, but in my complete pissedoffness, I refused to call, it wasn't my problem, mind my own business, blah blah blah.


Thank you to all of you that replied to my previous post. Your words have meant the world!!

1 comment:

  1. We find ourselves doing the craziest of things when there are addicts in our lives. Comes with the territory. Thankfully, we all learn with each experience.

    The police called our house the other night looking for our daughter. They had issued her a citation for shop lifing and driving without a license. When she called to talk to her kids (we have legal guardianship of them) hubby asked her about charges. DUH! She said she didn't know anything about them. DUH again. She isn't even using, but she sure as hell is still lying, shoplifing, etc.

    No wonder we don't believe anything our addicts say. Believing their lies makes us CRAZY!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete